Lady Gaga plays Patricia Reggiani in this upcoming controversial, sensational, and insanely glamorous biographical crime film.
'House of Gucci' is one of the most talked-about films of this year. Based on Sara Gay Forden's 2001 book 'House of Gucci: A Sensational Story of Murder, Madness, Glamour, and Greed,' the film tells the true story of Patrizia Reggiani, the affluent Italian socialite who was convicted of plotting the murder of her ex-husband, Maurizio Gucci.
The central character is played by no other than Lady Gaga herself. This is Lady Gaga's first major starring role after her impressive Oscar-nominated performance in the 2018 film 'A Star Is Born.'
The film is directed by Ridley Scott, who will also be releasing his other historical drama 'The Last Duel' in October.
'House of Gucci' promises plenty of controversies, sensual scenes, and drama. Here are all the details you need to know, including release date, plot, cast, and more.
'House of Gucci' is coming to theaters on November 24, 2021. It will be available on Paramount+ for streaming following its theatrical release.
While we are not quite sure how closely the movie will follow the real-life events, Scott made it clear that the film will detail the murder of Maurizo and the conviction of Patrizia in the 1995 incident. Since the story revolves around the couple, expect the movie to chronicle their romantic relationship, marriage, and the unfortunate events that led her to get involved in her husband's assassination.
The film promises a grand tale of family, power, betrayal, scandal and murder among others.
There is plenty of offscreen drama, too. The Gucci family has already expressed understandable reservations about the film. Patricia Gucci, the second cousin of Maurizio told the Associated Press that her family was "very disappointed" by the movie, adding that it is "stealing the identity of the family to make a profit."
Despite the controversy, plenty of people are looking forward to seeing the film, particularly due to its cast and gorgeous fashion pieces. 'House of Gucci' has already released its official trailer giving us a sneek peek at some of the most iconic Gucci fashion ensembles and luxurious moments to look forward to in the film. You can check out the official trailer at the bottom of this article.
Here is the star-studded cast list of ‘House of Gucci’.
● Adam Driver - will play the grandson of the Gucci Founder Guccio Gucci, Maurizio Gucci. He is the last member of the Gucci family and will turn the popular brand the other way around.
● Lady Gaga - will play as Maurizio Gucci's ex-wife, Patrizia Reggiani. She was convicted of her ex-husband's murder and gets imprisoned for the next 18 years. This day, she lives in Milan with her pet macaw on her shoulder. She is 72 years old.
● Salma Hayek - will play Patrizia's psychic friend named Pina Auriemma. She was the person who helped Patrizia in planning Maurizio's murder.
● Al Pacino - will play the son of Guccio and Paolo Gucci's Dad. His name is Aldo. He later turned Gucci into an international brand. He is responsible for making the business boom, making it very popular in the U.S and several countries across the globe.
● Jared Leto - will play the cousin of Maurizio, Paolo Gucci. Unfortunately, he was later pushed out of the family business and passed away in 1995 of some chronic disease.
Yes, there is! Watch Lady Gaga and other A-list stars bring one of the most controversial parts of history on screen. Check out the fashion and drama-filled trailer below!