×
s

Dog Turns On Stove, Starts House Fire In Colorado Springs

Dog Turns on Stove, Starts House Fire: The Colorado Springs homeowner managed to put it out, but there was substantial damage.

Dog Turns On Stove

Dog Turns on Stove, Starts House Fire: The Colorado Springs homeowner managed to put it out, but there was substantial damage

Every now and then, tales of dogs rescuing their human families from a fire arise. That narrative is not this one. KKTV reported that instead, Colorado Springs, Colorado, firefighters claim that the dog in this instance ignited the fire by accidentally turning on a gas burner in the middle of the night.

According to inside-the-home security footage. "After talking to the homeowners and looking through their home security footage, we determined their pup got a bit curious and accidentally switched on the oven which had some boxes on top of it," according to the Colorado Springs Fire Department.



 

According to the authorities, an Apple HomePod "high heat notice" informed one of the homeowners of the fire around 4:30 in the morning. Firefighters came he had been able to put it out, but the agency reports that the damage was "significant." The dog was unharmed, but the male homeowner had to be hospitalized due to smoke inhalation. A fundraiser claims that the family is currently without a place to live while the house is being repaired.