Have you caught up with some of the best moments from the event?
The 78th Golden Globe Awards was the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's first-ever virtual ceremony. The event that took place on Sunday, honoring talented people across film and television the past year saw Tina Fey and Amy Poehler host from the opposite coasts. Tina was in New York City while Amy was in Los Angeles. We put together the list of winners here if you're interested to see the categories and the winners in detail. While many of the winners received their awards virtually, they sure did leave some memorable moments behind. Have you had the chance to watch it yet? Let's dive into some of the must-see moments from the awards ceremony, as per Buzzfeed.
1. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's opening monologue where they slam everyone hilariously
2. Daniel Kaluuya winning the first big award of the night for Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture for his role in Judas and the Black Messiah... And then being muted!
3. John Boyega winning for Best Supporting Actor in a Television Series for his role in Small Axe and showing his red carpet look while at home.
John Boyega says he’s wearing sweatpants, he totally didn’t expect to win 😂 pic.twitter.com/gV1GgKhGAz— sleemo (@sleemo) March 1, 2021
4. Jason Sudeikis winning for Best Actor in a TV Series — Musical or Comedy for his role in Ted Lasso and accepting the award in the most comfortable outfit ever.
5. Jason's speech was turning out to be so long that Don Cheadle actually started to give him the "wrap it up" motion.
6. We can't get over Dan Levy's incredible yellow suit as Schitt's Creek won for Best Television Series — Musical or Comedy.
This suit was all I needed tonight. Thank you to Pierpaolo and the incredible team at @MaisonValentino for letting me be the first to wear your Men’s Haute Couture. And CONGRATS DEAR CATHERINE!— dan levy (@danjlevy) March 1, 2021
💫: @cartier pic.twitter.com/s8OY9wqBOR
7. While many dressed casually, other celebs went all out with their red carpet looks.
8. Who else is obsessed with Kaley Cuoco's Cinderella dress?
9. And how about Emma Corrin's statement collar in this Miu Miu look?
10. Let's not forget Anna Taylor-Joy from the Queen's Gambit
Anna Taylor-Joy in Dior is a vision pic.twitter.com/Z5FJQRCu4D— Ty needs a drink (@TyTroncoso) March 1, 2021
11. Back to the awards, when Andra Day won for Best Actress in a Motion Picture — Drama for her role in The United States vs. Billie Holiday, and her family was simply overjoyed for her.
12. Simone Ledward Boseman, gave an emotional acceptance speech on behalf of her late husband Chadwick Boseman who was posthumously honored with Best Actor in a Motion Picture — Drama for his role in Ma Rainey's Black Bottom.
"He would say something beautiful, something inspiring," said Simone Ledward Boseman. https://t.co/wRT1i6MCUO— HuffPost BlackVoices (@blackvoices) March 1, 2021
13. Chloé Zhao making history as only the second woman EVER to win Best Director at the Golden Globes for her work on Nomadland. She's the first woman of color to win the award.
14. Jodie Foster won the Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture for her role in The Mauritanian, and her wife and dog's support is so endearing!
15. Sacha Baron Cohen thanking his special costar as Borat Subsequent Moviefilm took home Best Motion Picture — Musical or Comedy and he won Best Actor in a Motion Picture — Musical or Comedy for his role.